Last year we had amazing year, and were able to serve the foster care community through a variety of ways. Here are a few highlights from 2015:
- Hosted a foster parent banquet in June that included childcare, world-class entertainment, and dinner
- Our Back to School Bash in July with Summerville Baptist Church provided basic school supplies and backpacks to over 70 children
- Held first Project Greene Light 5K & Fun Run with over 80 participants in November
- Helped get all 93 foster children sponsored for Christmas, donated over $1400 in gift cards, and over 300 clothing and hygiene items during December
- Completed site survey with the Alabama Department of Human Resources
- Contracted with architect to design layout in cottage that complies with the American’s with Disabilities Act
- Submitted new design to City of Phenix City for approval to proceed
2016 is ramping up to be our biggest year yet, and we need your help more than ever. Our goal this year is to be laser focused on opening our emergency shelter. When complete we will be able to care for up to seven children at a time, and they will be able to stay for up to 30 days. This goal will only be possible with broad community support like yours.
To meet this goal, we must raise significant funding. Currently, we receive limited funding from government sources, and rely on the generosity of individuals like you to cover a majority of our operations. We have created Club 360 as a way to support us through out the entire year for less than $1/day by selecting one of the reoccurring donation options below, or by mailing us a gift monthly, quarterly, or annually. Will you team with us to meet this goal?
Club 360 Giving Options
Can’t join Club 360 today, but you still want to help? You can make a one time donation here:
*Project Greene Light is a Federally registered 501(c)(3) not for profit. All donations are tax deductible