What is a visitation center you may ask? It’s a place for foster families and birth families to meet and allow meaningful connections to be made/reestablished. What will our visitation center offer? Since opening, we have allowed children to have 92.5 parental contact hours.
How can you get involved? We need to following items:
- Computer Speakers
- Card Table and Chairs
- Small children’s table and chairs
- DVD or Blu-Ray Movies (PG and Below) (New or used)
Here are links to our Amazon Wishlists:
- Visitation Host/Hostess – must be 21 years of age, and pass DHR background check
- Weekly cleaning
- General Maintenance
- Weekly Yard Maintenance
- We offer some unique ways your business, civic group, or church can sponsor a room in our visitation center. Call (334) 560-3062 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to discuss what opportunities we have available.
Right now there are 120 children in Russell County Department of Human Resources care. Each one of these children will have a birthday, and we want to make it memorable. We can do with a $30 Walmart Gift Card to cover the cost of a personalized birthday cake from the bakery.
Since April we have donated 29 birthday cakes, and the number just keeps going up. We’d love for you to help us make this goal.
- Click here to give online via PayPal ($31.65 to cover processing fees, so we can purchase the $30 gift card) .
- You can mail us a check or click here to send a physical Gift Card for $30 to PO Box 3601 Phenix City, AL 36868-3601,
- Click here to send a $30 eGift Card to email@example.com,
- If you’re local you can drop gift cards/donations off at our visitation center (call 334-560-3062 to schedule a drop off time, and get a tour of our facility).
We are working to prep emergency grab bags that have basics in them for children coming into care.
Get involved here:
- Help sort donated items – call (334) 560-3062
- Get your School, Classroom, Church, Sunday School, Youth Group, or Business involved in a supply drive
- Diaper Bags (wipes, diapers, bottles, pacifiers, formula, receiving blanket, and burp clothes)
- Donate pajama’s, underwear, hygiene items (all sizes, boys, and girls, new items only)
- $50 Walmart Gift Cards, so foster parents can grab any additional items needed
First Night Dinner
- Details coming soon