We are in the process of opening up a visitation center. What is a visitation center you may ask? It’s a place for foster families and birth families to meet and allow meaningful connections to be made/reestablished. What will our visitation center offer?
Home like environment, complete with:
- Livingroom – Couch, TV with DVD Player, and stocked bookshelf
- Diningroom – Table Chairs and homework area complete with computer and WIFI.
- Children’s Playroom – Train Table, Tool Bench, Kitchen, Blocks, Duplos
- Gameroom – Air Hockey, Board Games, Lego’s, and video game console
- Laundryroom – parents can work on life skills with older children
How can you get involved? We need to following items:
- Computer Speakers
- Circle by Disney
- Lego’s (New or used)
- Blocks (New or used)
- Card Table and Chairs
- 32-40” Wall mountable TV (New or used)
- Nintendo Wii (new or used)
- Nonviolent games to go with it (Mario Kart, Wii Sports, Etc.)
- Arcade Style Game (Foosball, basketball, pool)
- DVD or Blu-Ray Movies (PG and Below) (New or used)
Here are links to our Amazon Wishlists:
Right now there are 120 children in Russell County Department of Human Resources care. Each one of these children will have a birthday, and we want to make it memorable. We can do with a $30 Walmart Gift Card to cover the cost of a personalized birthday cake from the bakery.
- Click here to give online via PayPal ($31.65 to cover processing fees, so we can purchase the $30 gift card) .
- You can mail us a check or click here to send a physical Gift Card for $30 to PO Box 3601 Phenix City, AL 36868-3601,
- Click here to send a $30 eGift Card to email@example.com,
- If you’re local you can drop gift cards/donations off at our visitation center (call 334-560-3062 to schedule a drop off time, and get a tour of our facility).
We are working to prep emergency grab bags that have basics in them for children coming into care.
- Diaper Bags (wipes, diapers, bottles, pacifiers, formula, receiving blanket, and burp clothes)
- Pajama’s, underwear, hygiene items (all sizes, boys and girls, new items only)
- $50 Walmart Gift Cards, so foster parents can grab any additional items needed
First Night Dinner
- Details coming soon